Firstly, a Sales Data Controller is a solution for preventing tax evasion on cash registers, point of sale systems, and other invoicing systems. The SDC is the most advanced solution both in its specifications and implementation method. This solution is designed to be easy to adopt with fiscal and non-fiscal systems already in use in the market.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
With the Sales Data Controller (SDC) you can monitor, record, and sign all tax-relevant transactions.
Additionally, even if you are in training mode, issuing proforma invoices, printing copies, or paying refunds, the SDC keeps track of your activity and report only accurate tax liability on request. However, you can do even more with it…
An SDC is designed to provide secure storage for receipt information when a receipt is printed. Specifically, it has the ability to apply a secure signature that helps identifying and providing a proof of the legality of each receipt for all types of transactions (B2B, B2G, B2C, C2G, C2B). Therefore, you can instantly verify all receipts signed with an SDC!!
You can install an SDC as:
- i-SDC= internal SDC – under a form of a memory chip inserted into the device/software that operates in accordance with the Rules.
- e-SDC= external SDC – controller device (black box) with remote audit capability.
- v-SDC= virtual SDC – cloud-based software for receipt signing in real-time under an online regime.
You can do an SDC audit by:
- Wirelessly transmitting encrypted data to the designated server,
- Copying encrypted data from SDC’s audit port to a removable media,
- Decrypting electronic signature information from the receipt.
Likewise, all audit methods are secured and will not permit data manipulation. Moreover, audit data is encrypted using industry-proven encryption algorithms.
To begin with, here are some of the reasons for introducing a Sales Data Controller from the Revenue Authority’s point of view:
- Guaranteed increase in tax revenue
- Tax fraud prevention (forged receipts, false bookkeeping, destruction of sales records, etc.)
- Evidence for TAX refund claims (each receipt can be verified for its authenticity)
- Audit method’s improvement (3 unique, uniform ways to audit)
- Prevention of data manipulation and losing audit material due to computer hardware failure or record theft
- Service intervention is minimized (you can have an SDC without maintenance)
- You do not need additional training for audit officers
- You can do data analysis in a uniform manner (each audit produces the same report format)
Additionally, here are some of the reasons for introducing a Sales Data Controller from the taxpayer’s point of view:
- You can have an efficient upgrade/downgrade of sales equipment, without additional costs (referring to fiscal countries)
- Off-the-shelf product – you can install it without an authorized technician
- Secure communication from the administration to the sales point and back
- Automated storage of sale journals for many years
- No memory overload
Product security is in the hands of the key holder. The key holder has the ability to produce electronic keys, a necessary item for the SDCs operations, with a personalization method.
You can verify parts of the signatures contained on each receipt issued through the invoicing system if you use a web-based application. This application provides device status information at the moment when the receipt is issued.
The certification equipment method is automated, using a software simulator for testing the device’s functional behavior.
MORE CHOICE IN DEPLOYMENT
In brief, you can find the Sales Data Controller in a variety of models able to meet your needs.